Save the James Alliance Activities:
The Washington Post carries a front page article on our efforts. Click here to read.
State media picks up wire reports of Warhill High School Public Hearings. Read about the tremendous support Save the James Alliance was able to harness for this important meeting. Click here. And, here.
Virginia State Corporation Commission Links:
NEW INFO -- Important link to Case Filings. Must use Internet Explorer to view this link. Click here to read.
- Link to Virginia State Corporation Commission case information page. The case number for this issue is: PUE-2012-00029. Here you will find case summary, staff details, service list, case activity, case participants, and documents. Click here to read.
- Link to Virginia State Corporation Commission, the government authority board that must approve all High Voltage Transmission Line Projects. Click here to visit their website.
- Then read the State Corporation Commission Report dated May 4, 2010, that grants Dominion Power the authority to construct high voltage lines underwater in the York River. Click here to read.
James City County Board of Supervisors' Links:
- Reach out to the James City County Board of Supervisors to express your support to them for their resolution opposing the overheading of these lines and their plans to express that opposition before the SCC. Who is your representative? Click here to see.
Watch the James City County Board of Supervisors' April 24, 2012 discussion and vote opposing the overheading of the Surry-Skiffes Creek transmission lines by clicking here. Scroll down to Item J2 and double click.
Helpful Information Links:
The US National Park Service has a listing of more than 3,400 river segments which possess one or more “outstandingly remarkable” values. The area of the James River affected by the Dominion Transmission proposal is one of them. Click
here to learn more about this designation.
The following PDF was a study provides information on the negative impact to property values. Find the link
A Washington Post article that discusses the impact to property values due to the construction of high voltage power lines. Learn more
Watch the local news coverage of STJA involvement from WVEC Channel 13 by clicking
- There are precedents for submerging electric transmission lines. Read the Gloucester-Matthews Gazette-Journal article to learn about such a project in the York River. Click here.
- Read the Richmond Times-Dispatch article about how organizations in the state capital are working to promote the view scape of the James River there. Click here.
- Visit the Scenic Virginia website, devoted to preserving Virginia's historic and unique visual assets. Click here.